BUSINESS PARTNERING AND INTERNAL CONSULTING
The term 'business partnering' means engaging with other people from across different areas of the business, both internally and externally, to bring effort, knowledge, skill and capability together in order to achieve greater business outcomes. It also encapsulates the more recent need for organisations to develop shared services, shared resources, shared capability and shared risk.
Over the last decade, there has been a greater demand for support professionals ( HR, IT, Supply chain, Audit & Compliance etc) to partner with their organisations and deliver business management solutions that drive and support business performance. With businesses increasingly demanding more of their support functions, the traditional role of the support professional has expanded and evolved, and are now expected to adopt the role of business partner and ‘internal consultant’.
This course looks at the Strategic business partner role, and how you can develop to become a trusted advisor to in your organisation or your clients' businesses. The course focuses on helping you understand what business partnering and consulting is and provides practical tools and techniques to enable you improve your influencing and problem solving skills, and work more effectively with client managers.
CASE STUDY PART 1
- Adopting the right approach Support specialist or business partner?
- What are the required behaviours?
- Creating the right impression
- Getting the targets right and the getting the job offer!
- Review and discussion
- Managing the internal customer / client
- Identifying successes and failures in change projects
- Preparing a discussion document
- The Project Charter
- Getting the information you need
- Adopting the right disciplines
- Avoiding the classic pitfalls in researching the problem
- Dealing with the different organisational characters
- Factors that motivate clients
- Developing your consulting antennae to detect client preferences
- Pacing your style to develop client rapport
MANAGING ORGANISATIONAL CHANGE
- What really goes on in change projects?
- The role of the change agent in managing change
- REPORTING BACK TO THE CLIENT
- Recognising the key tasks and psychology involved
- Using consulting tools to communicate effectively
- Managing Stakeholders and Stakeholder Analysis
- CASE STUDY PART 3
- Reporting back to the client
- Analysis and preparation of client feedback
- Findings, conclusions, recommendations
- Determining the key issues involved
- Managing different client situations
- Planning the next steps Review and discussion
- CASE STUDY PART 4
- Managing the client relationship
- Maintaining the client's commitment
- Avoiding the disappearing client
- Confronting bad news issues
- Closing the assignment and exiting MARKETING INTERNAL CONSULTING SERVICES
- Developing a marketing strategy
- What are you selling?
- Identifying your key clients
- Defining what your clients want to be buy
- Organising to deliver your services ACTION PLANNING
- Programme review
- Skill set review
- Personal action planning and discussion
- Group review and discussion
Course Benefits - What do I learn?
- Fully understand the role of the internal consultant, business partner and change and how it differs to conventional support function roles
- Be able to apply a range of client centered tools and techniques to effectively manage internal projects, meetings and change scenarios Be able to successfully manage internal and organisation initiatives using classic project and change management tools and techniques
- Be able to apply the techniques and skills of an internal consultant, business partner and change agent with increased credibility and confidence
This course is aimed at senior level individuals who work cross-functionally and with other people to achieve business results, and is particularly helpful for those who engage frequently with senior managers and executives. If you are an Executive in finance, HR, IT, Admin, Supply Chain, Audit & Compliance then you should not miss this professional programme.
|STP109||Weekday||Ikeja,Lagos||N89,250||19-APR-2018||2 days||Register Online|
|STP109||Weekday||PHC||N89,250||17-APR-2018||2 days||Register Online|
|STP109||Weekday||Abj||N89,250||10-APR-2018||2 days||Register Online|
|STP109||Weekday||Ghana||N89,250||23-APR-2018||2 days||Register Online|
NOTE: To further leverage the value and impact of the Programme, we encourage organisations to send cross-functional teams of executives to P4PE Institute. We offer one of two exciting group benefits to companies sending three or more participants to this programme.
Advanced registration is required to join this course. Limited class size and registration window means early birds have an advantage. Register now and access qualifying discounts.