Competitive Strategy Programme - Developing Your Long Game
All too often, in the daily pressure of achieving short-term financial results, managers lose sight of long-term goals, especially in today's challenging economic climate. The key to ensuring that companies remain on track to reach these goals is the existence of a clear and focused business strategy.
The P4PE Competitive Strategy Programme is an intensive three-day programme that will equip you with practical knowledge, along with new skills and tools, to turn strategic ideas into actions for your business. By examining the best practices of some of the world's most successful companies, you will learn to identify the important elements of winning strategies.
1. PREDICT INDUSTRY AND SUPPLY CHAIN PROFITABILITY
- What is the profit outlook of an existing market or new opportunity?
- How can you diagnose the profit opportunities along the supply chain?
- How do convergence and dynamics in eco-systems affect the profitability of your market?
- How can businesses identify or create unique resources and capabilities?
- When can latecomers successfully challenge seemingly unbeatable competitors?
- When is cooperation with other firms rather than competition desirable?
- How many strategies exist for creating customer value?
- What does it take to sustain these strategies?
- What are the business implications of each strategy?
- How do you create a winning strategy?
- How can you assess its profit potential?
- What are the keys to sustaining it?
- How can you discover the price your customers are willing to pay?
- What creative pricing schemes exist?
- How does critical mass differ from size advantage and how can it be achieved?
- How can critical mass be leveraged to make you the ultimate winner?
- How can you get back into the winner-takes-all battle once you fall behind?
Course Benefits - What do I learn?
- Action-oriented planning. Improve your strategic thinking and focus on action.
- Develop a skill set for implementing change. Sharpen your competitive skills and confidence to change the strategic management of your organisation.
- Strategy for market entry. Fine-tune intuition and apply practical tools to break into new competitive markets.
This programme is designed for executives who currently run a business or have profit-and-loss responsibility for a strategic business unit, product or brand or geographical area, and seek to improve their short- and long-term business performance. It is also for executives or teams who need to acquire skills quickly in strategic thinking, analysis and development. The programme will also greatly benefit board members, strategic planners, investment bankers, strategy or technology consultants and financial analysts who need an understanding of, or an update on, competitive and industry dynamics in order to better advise clients.
NOTE: To further leverage the value and impact of the Programme, we encourage organisations to send cross-functional teams of executives to P4PE Institute. We offer one of two exciting group benefits to companies sending three or more participants to this programme.
Advanced registration is required to join this course. Limited class size and registration window means early birds have an advantage. Register now and access qualifying discounts.