Portfolio and Programme Management
Project management is increasingly being recognised as a mechanism for the implementation of strategy and during business growth. Organisations are undertaking many projects concurrently to provide linkage between strategy and real organisational change.
Portfolio & Programme management focuses on the selection and prioritisation of projects to ensure that an organisation's best resources are working on its most important undertakings. Portfolio & Programme management provides organisational oversight, coordination and support of multiple projects to ensure that the portfolio is well-managed and to maximise the success rate of individual projects.
This is an interactive course that covers the theory and current practice of project portfolio and programme management. We make extensive use of case studies of real life situations and practical exercises targeting the assessment and evolution of portfolio and programme management in the participants own environment. Tools and templates, including a succinct generic project management methodology, are provided for participants to customise and implement back in their own workplace. This Course will cover……..
- Organisational structure and capacity planning
- Project portfolio management - project selection, valuation, categorisation and prioritisation
- Project programme management processes, tools and templates
- Organisation quality management of the project management process
- Knowledge management - repeatable success
Course Benefits - What do I learn?
At the end of the course you will:
- Understand all aspects of portfolio and programme management
- Develop the ability to operate as a portfolio and programme manager
- Have the ability to implement or evolve portfolio and programme management in your organisation
- Achieve effective oversight and control of project management
- Develop a predictable management process leading to higher rate of project success
- Reduce costs, risks, and lead time to market
- Increase revenue and profit
- Project management office and programme managers responsible for a portfolio of projects
- Resource managers responsible for providing personnel to work in a multi-project environment
- Mid-level and senior managers responsible for the implementation of strategy
NOTE: To further leverage the value and impact of the Programme, we encourage organisations to send cross-functional teams of executives to P4PE Institute. We offer one of two exciting group benefits to companies sending three or more participants to this programme.
Advanced registration is required to join this course. Limited class size and registration window means early birds have an advantage. Register now and access qualifying discounts.