Advanced Performance Measure
Effective performance measurement is key in ensuring that an organisation's strategy is successfully implemented. It is about monitoring an organisation's effectiveness in fulfilling its own predetermined goals or stakeholder requirements. A company must perform well in terms of cost, quality, flexibility, value and other dimensions.
A performance measurement system that enables a company to meet these demands successfully is essential. It helps ensure better informed and more effective decision making at both strategic and operational levels. Performance measurement has evolved from purely financial performance measures such as profit, cash flow or the return on capital employed (ROCE). Today there is greater emphasis on non-financial and multidimensional performance measures to understand and manage the performance of the organisation to achieve its goals. Deficiencies in traditional (financial) performance measurement have led to frameworks and techniques being developed in recent years. Some of these are listed below. The best known performance measurement tool is the Balanced Scorecard, which is based on four distinct perspectives (financial, customer, internal process, and learning and growth).
This training course covers an introduction to PM, core approaches and methodologies that can help establish and successfully manage your PM framework. The course topics include:
- PM Building Blocks (Performance Value Chain, Performance Structures, Programs...)
- ABCs of Performance Measures
- Measure Types (Input, Outcome, Outcome, Process)
- Performance Measure vs. Metric vs. CSF vs. KPI
- Characteristics of Good Measures
- Where to Start and How to Define Them?
- How Many Measures To Define?
- How to Prioritize Measures?
- Measures Metadata
- Measures Collection Template
- Managing Data Sources and Data Quality
- Establishing Baseline, Target and Benchmark Measures
- Collecting, Analyzing, and Managing Measures
- Reporting Performance to Various Stakeholders
- Visualizing Performance
- Data and Systems (Architecture, Available Options and Approaches...)
- Performance Measurement DO's and DON'Ts
Course Benefits - What do I learn?
These perspectives are designed to cover the whole of the organisation's activities both internally and externally, both current and future.
This course offers practical performance management training, aimed at line managers who have a responsibility for managing the performance and conduct of staff/employees.
NOTE: To further leverage the value and impact of the Programme, we encourage organisations to send cross-functional teams of executives to P4PE Institute. We offer one of two exciting group benefits to companies sending three or more participants to this programme.
Advanced registration is required to join this course. Limited class size and registration window means early birds have an advantage. Register now and access qualifying discounts.