Data Driven Performance Reviews
From a management perspective, making decisions based on data is a clear win. Yet it's often difficult to adopt a datainformed culture. In every organization, there are teams and employees who embrace this transition, and those who undermine it. To convert your biggest data sceptics, the first step is to understand the psychology of their resistance. A data insight without a subsequent action is like a key without someone to turn it: worthless. A good data scientist can identify which co-worker will use insights from data to open new doors for the business, and which will continue to rely on intuition. This is because employees who act on data will do so for two main reasons: to improve their perceived or actual performance. From our perspective, there are four types of employees in any organization:
- Highly regarded, high performing
- Highly regarded, low performing
- Lowly regarded, high performing
- Lowly regarded, low performing
- What are Data-Driven Performance Reviews?
- Prologue to DDPRs: organizational context
- GPRAMA/OMB: purpose, requirements and guidelines for DDPRs
- Applicability at the sub-agency and work-group level
- Operational "Mechanics" to Support Data-Driven Performance Reviews
- Preparation for the DDPR meeting
- Key questions and pre-meeting data reporting and analysis
- Getting the appropriate people in the room and meeting dynamics
- Technology and other logistics
- Follow up and next steps
- Experiencing DDPRs
- Applying the lessons in Modules 1 & 2
- Designing DDPRs for your work group or sub agency
Course Benefits - What do I learn?
- Strategic Planners
- Program Managers
- Program Analysts
- Business Analysts
- Portfolio Managers
- Executive Directors
- Senior Management
- Performance Improvement Staff
- Senior Business Professionals
This course is designed for managers who are tasked with taking the strategic plans of an organization and its leaders and creating operational performance-oriented plans to execute.
NOTE: To further leverage the value and impact of the Programme, we encourage organisations to send cross-functional teams of executives to P4PE Institute. We offer one of two exciting group benefits to companies sending three or more participants to this programme.
Advanced registration is required to join this course. Limited class size and registration window means early birds have an advantage. Register now and access qualifying discounts.