Strategic Planning and Execution Discipline
In these days of rapid and often radical changes, it is no longer adequate for a few members of a company's leadership team to undertake a strategic planning exercise once a year. This provides you with a process for turning optimum strategic decisions into improved performance and results. It will enable you to accurately diagnose your current situation, generate some challenging yet feasible scenarios for your unit, and build a common vision of where you need to go and how to get there. It will enhance your ability to think strategically and lead your organization, department or team to achieve your carefully and rigorously-crafted strategic objectives.
Strategy: Planning the Journey
- Essentials for Strategy and Execution
- Strategy Mapping
- What Is Systems Thinking?
- Connections Between Strategy and Tactical Execution
- Strategy and Execution: Why Do They Seem So Disconnected?
- Complacency and the Organization
- Structure and Support, or Lack Thereof
- What Makes Execution Strategically Fast?
- Leadership Practices That Enable Tactical Execution
- Applying Leadership Practices to Engage Stakeholders
- Creating a Compelling Case for Change
- What Does Successful Execution Look Like?
- Identifying Performance Monitoring Techniques
- Developing Feedback Mechanisms
Course Benefits - What do I learn?
- Gain a better understanding of the big picture of strategic decision-making
- Improve your organization's strategic planning process
- Learn the VIP model of strategic leadership
- Understand and apply the five "I"s of strategic planning
- Diagnose any organizational situation
- Generate challenging yet realistic scenarios for many different situations
- Bolster your organization's capability to deal with upcoming change drivers
- Make decisions proactively
- Create more value in your interactions with others
This course is designed for managers who are tasked with taking the strategic plans of an organization and its leaders and creating operational performance-oriented plans to execute.
NOTE: To further leverage the value and impact of the Programme, we encourage organisations to send cross-functional teams of executives to P4PE Institute. We offer one of two exciting group benefits to companies sending three or more participants to this programme.
Advanced registration is required to join this course. Limited class size and registration window means early birds have an advantage. Register now and access qualifying discounts.