Return-Driven Strategy Applications in Corporate Performance Management (CPM) & Business Intelligence
Corporate (or Business/Enterprise) Performance Management (CPM), is the area of business intelligence involved with monitoring and managing an organisation's performance, via the intelligent use of key performance indicators such as income, return on capital employed, fixed overheads, and operational costs.
Corporate (or Business/Enterprise) Performance Management (CPM), is the area of business intelligence involved with monitoring and managing an organisation's performance, via the intelligent use of key performance indicators such as income, return on capital employed, fixed overheads, and operational costs. CPM encompasses many aspects of business, including, but not limited to, strategic planning, budgeting, forecasting, organisational culture, financial reporting, scenario planning, profitability analysis, KPI analysis etc. CPM addresses both the operational and financial performance of an organisation, including the process of collecting the data, and performing analysis and reporting in a collaborative fashion for executives and managers via each level of an organisation.
There are two main reasons why organisations struggle to gain competitive advantage and superior performance from the abundance of data that is now available to them:
- The over-emphasis on transactional systems and transactional analysis at the expense of understanding cause and effect.
- The evolution of point solutions to meet specific management needs in isolation from each other.
Corporate performance management aims to create an holistic, integrated understanding of the business, with the opportunity for much greater insights into the performance of the business.
Business intelligence is a broad category of applications, technologies and methods for gathering and analysing data for the purpose of helping enterprise users make better business decisions.
Turning Theory into Practice
For those with little or no formal training in the area of managing corporate performance, this highly interactive 2-day programme concentrates on the principles, tools and techniques of corporate performance management. Supported by analysis, practical exercises, and case studies this course will give you the knowledge and ability to discuss and present the key aspects of CPM. You will also have a much better understanding of the impact your decisions have upon your business.
- Introduction to Corporate Performance Management (CPM)
- What corporate performance management and business intelligence are all about.
- Getting line managers and decision-makers to engage with the concepts that underpin CPM so that they become results-oriented and drive greater value and business insights in the organisation.
- How the introduction of corporate performance management can transform support functions (Finance, HR, IT etc) and position them as business partners at the heart of management decision-making.
- Case-study experience in the implementation of CPM and BI.
- Developing a business case for CPM and considering the next steps.
- The steps of the CPM staircase
- The benefits of a CPM approach
- Strategic planning of CPM
- Some of the barriers to corporate performance management, and how to deal with them.
- Assessing business needs and developing a route map to guide the development of a CPM environment in your organisation.
- Identifying the key steps of CPM
- Defining and communicating the strategy
- What tools should be in our management tool-box?
- Budgeting and forecasting
- KPI in CPM
- A measurable vision which is constantly communicated
- Financial and Operational modelling
- "What if" analysis
- Utilising some of the hidden gems within Microsoft Excel
- The benefits of adopting a scorecard approach
- Mapping culture and scorecards
- Reviewing performance
- Maintaining a continuous approach to performance improvement
- Reporting and reviewing performance
- Aligning people and culture
Course Benefits - What do I learn?
This seminar is designed for senior and middle level of managers who want to gain a clearer understanding of CPM and how to use it to facilitate improved performance across an entire enterprise. Specifically:
- Senior finance managers and management accountants seeking to exploit the business potential of corporate performance management and business intelligence
- IT business analysts who have an interest in understanding what CPI and BI can do for their organisations
- Human Resources, Operational, sales, marketing and commercial managers who want an appreciation of the benefits that can be derived from a good implementation of CPM and BI from all industry sectors, including the public sector.
Senior officers, Managers and Professionals responsible for organizational effectiveness. Business analysts, research and statistics, risk analyst, financial controllers, Internal auditors. Support staff from IT, HR, Fanance, Admin, Operations etc
NOTE: To further leverage the value and impact of the Programme, we encourage organisations to send cross-functional teams of executives to P4PE Institute. We offer one of two exciting group benefits to companies sending three or more participants to this programme.
Advanced registration is required to join this course. Limited class size and registration window means early birds have an advantage. Register now and access qualifying discounts.