Business Intelligence (BI) and Analysis using MS Excel
Data is exploding exponentially and now the world requires analyst to analyze them. Business Intelligence (BI) is the method for analyzing this data and presenting actionable information to help corporate executives, business managers and other end users to make informed business decisions.
Business Intelligence is the new buzz word. Multi National Corporation and different companies are hiring professionals who understand data and BI.
Microsoft Excel is the most commonly used BI Tool in the market. In this Course, you will receive healthy understandings of the Business Intelligence Concept and of course be a master in MS Excel. The course will also maximize your skill set with Microsoft Excel. The course simplifies powerful features like PivotTables, Charts, Formulae, Power-Pivot, Sparkline, Conditional Formatting and many more!
Part 1: Introduction
- What is Business Intelligence (BI)?
- How excel is used as a Business Intelligence Tool?
- Understanding the BI Terminologies
- Data Preparation
- Sorting by Color
- Other ways to Filter
- Understanding Tables
- Drag the Fill Handle
- Create Your Own Series
- Joining Text
- Rapid Formula Copy
- Convert to Proper Case
- Formulas to Values
- Breaking Apart Text
- Parsing Fixed Width
- AutoSum Tricks
- Relative Versus Absolute Formulas
- IF Formulas
- Creating and Formatting a Chart
- Adding or Removing Chart Data
- Pie Chart Tricks
- Sparkline Part 6: Visual Impact
- Color Scales, Icon Sets, Data Bars
- Icons for Only a Subset
- Paired Bar Charts with Negative Data Bars
- Creating a Pivot Table
- Changing a Pivot Table
- Pivot Formatting
- Drill Down
- Pivot Calculations
- Summarizing Dates
- Pivot Sorting
- Top 10 Report
- Filtering a Pivot Table with Slicers
- Slicers on Two Pivot Tables
- Connecting Slicers with multiple tables
- Introducing Dashboards, Scorecards and KPIs
- PowerPivot: Extend the capacity of excel with PowerPivot
- PowerView: Explore amazing data visualization technique using these amazing new features
- PowerQuery: Finally!!! ETL is now available in Excel. We will explore the wonderful data merging tool
- Navigate Fast through Range workbooks and Worksheets
- Removing Duplicates
- Shrink Text
- Transposing Tricks
- Hide Data
- Important Sheet
- Data Validation
- Fill up in the sideways
- Switch Column Trick
- Fill Blank Trick
- Formula to Value
- F4 trick
- Format Part of Cell
- Copying Sheets
- Insert Blank Rows
- Pick from List
- Print Small Selection
- Fit to One Page Trick
- Speak Cells
Course Benefits - What do I learn?
The course is separated in three Difficulties level- Beginner, Intermediate and Advance. As the course progresses you will be introduces with Powerful Technics that will take you from Novice to Professional. How participants will benefit after the course. This course will walk you through the world of business intelligence. You will learn BI Terminologies, Concepts and start building your own self service business intelligence platform using Microsoft excel immediately after the course completion. You be explored to many uncovered area of MS Excel that will help you to become more productive from day one.
This course is very useful for anyone who works with Excel. The target audiences are the Managers, Executives, Teachers, Developers, Students, and Researchers.
NOTE: To further leverage the value and impact of the Programme, we encourage organisations to send cross-functional teams of executives to P4PE Institute. We offer one of two exciting group benefits to companies sending three or more participants to this programme.
Advanced registration is required to join this course. Limited class size and registration window means early birds have an advantage. Register now and access qualifying discounts.