Successful Project Management
Going From Planning & Control to Flawless Execution (with simulation + MS Project)
Teach your students everything they need to know to work successfully in today's exciting project management environment. This Programme is designed to manage effective project teams, from planning and scheduling to cost management, with framework and approach to ensure that students are learning today's best practices. Coverage of the latest business developments and challenges acquaint students with issues such as project constraints, stakeholder issues, the project charter, and how projects relate to an organization's strategic plan. Through a simulated case study, you learn how to successfully plan, manage and deliver projects. You also learn how to implement project management processes, develop leadership skills and respond to real-world scenarios.
Course Content & Structure
- Building a project navigation system
- Defining the project management process
- Identifying key documents, deliverables and approvals
- Negotiating realistic constraints for project success
- Applying project management standards Launching Your Project
- Building an appropriate governance structure
- Ensuring project sponsorship and business ownership
- Gaining the support of subject matter experts
- Clarifying the role of other managers and third parties Defining the project
- Validating business drivers and goals
- Determining project objectives and deliverables
- Tracking and managing project issues Authorizing the project
- Writing the project business case
- Developing the project charter
- Securing project approval The Five-Step Planning Process
- Identifying and estimating the work
- Working with project stakeholders
- Defining scope with Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)
- Driving the plan down to manageable tasks
- Building high-confidence estimates
- Leveraging three-point estimating to refine accuracy Scheduling and budgeting the work
- Converting the WBS to precedence networks
- Determining the critical path tasks
- Calculating project duration
- Building and analyzing Gantt charts
Course Benefits - What do I learn?
- Manage and deliver successful projects for stakeholder satisfaction
- Apply best practices to plan a project using a proven five-step process
- Estimate and schedule task work, duration and costs with confidence
- Implement risk management techniques and mitigation strategies
- Lead a project team and monitor project progress through successful execution
Individuals who need to strengthen their project management skill sets, those new to project management, or project managers seeking a refresher on fundamental project management knowledge, skills and current tools.
NOTE: To further leverage the value and impact of the Programme, we encourage organisations to send cross-functional teams of executives to P4PE Institute. We offer one of two exciting group benefits to companies sending three or more participants to this programme.
Advanced registration is required to join this course. Limited class size and registration window means early birds have an advantage. Register now and access qualifying discounts.