HR Performance Auditing
This course is designed to help participants identify the critical areas in human resources that must be audited. It also helps participants decide on the questions to ask and in determining the minimum requirements to run processes in Human Resources effectively.
A traditional criticism of the Human Resource Management function is that it’s an overhead cost that is unpredictable and unquantifiable. The absence of professional agreement on benchmarks against which HR function effectiveness can be measured, has reached critical momentum in times of financial crisis. The inability to specify a return on investment in human capital operations fuels this negative perception and corrodes respect for HR. While financial audits are required by law, audits in HR are mostly discretionary unless required by specific legislation. In many organizations this perception is an obstacle for HR professionals seeking to be “at the table” and viewed as a strategic contributor to organizational goals.
All work in Human Resources has a legal and a financial impact on the organization. To keep pace with the demands of dynamic business environments and legal frameworks, HR professionals need to stay updated with industry trends, get a deeper insight into the market they represent and work together to build top performing teams.
The HR Performance Audit has been proven effective when highlighting areas of weakness in the HR function, areas that can be improved and even areas where there are no policies or procedures. To avoid costly litigation your policies, procedures and processes must reï¬‚ect the law, which frequently changes. The HR auditing practice is an essential preventative strategy to ensure you remain legally compliant.
The course will cover:
- Overview of HRM
- Strategic Alignment of Human Resource Departments
- The Human Resources Strategy
- The HR audit Process & methodology
- Scope of the audit
- Organizational chart audit
- Recruitment and selection process audit
- Employee administration process audit
- HRIS/Computer based data management system audit
- Statutory compliance audit
- Getting Prepared â€“ The Audit Plan
- The Training and Development Function
- Recruitment, Selection and Workforce Planning
- HR Benchmarks & Metrics and auditing against business needs
- HRIS â€“ HR Information Systems
- Talent Management Audit
- Change Management
- Employee Surveys
- The audit ï¬ndings, feedback and action, and taking HR to the next level
- Auditing Governance and Ethics
Course Benefits - What do I learn?
- Prepare for and conduct an informal HR audit to ensure that your policies and procedures meet the business needs and minimise potential exposure
- Implement cutting-edge processes to ensure the complete legal compliance of your HR function
- Measure the effectiveness of the organisationâ€™s procedures and how they affect the bottom line, and ensure management buy-in by providing compelling HR data, to establish your role as a true strategic partner
- Identify areas of weaknesses in organizational processes related to human resources management (recruitment and selection, employee records keeping, performance appraisal, and payroll)
- Create a plan of action to improve HR processes in their organization
- Develop a detailed and accuracy-focused approach to human resources
- Bonus: You will receive a complete HR Auditor Tool Kit which contains over 450 audit questions over ten functional HR areas so you can get started with your audits immediately
This course has been designed for all HR professionals interested in improving HR performance. It is an essential course for HR department heads, HR generalists and specialists in resourcing, compensation and beneï¬ts, payroll, training, personnel, HR, talent management and employee services, Â Organisational development specialists. And managers, supervisors, specialists, team leaders and officers in the functions of human resources.
The course is also very useful for internal audit professionals who are about to start an audit exercise in the HR department in their organization.
- Deciding and initiating action
- Presenting and communicating
- Applying expertise and technology
- Following instructions and procedures
- Planning and organizing
- Achieving goals and objectives
NOTE: To further leverage the value and impact of the Programme, we encourage organisations to send cross-functional teams of executives to P4PE Institute. We offer one of two exciting group benefits to companies sending three or more participants to this programme.
Advanced registration is required to join this course. Limited class size and registration window means early birds have an advantage. Register now and access qualifying discounts.