Building and Administering an Effective HR Risk Management
The only sure way to avoid risk would be to lock the doors and put up a closed sign in the window. Risks are inevitable and organizations have a moral and legal obligation to attend to the safety and well-being of those they serve, those who work for them and others who come into contact with their operations. This is known as "Duty of Care."
Organizations need to look at all the risks throughout their entire operation and incorporate risk management into all planning and decision. The programme is aimed at enabling participants identify and manage risks in their own units and to strengthen project management through adequate forward planning. The course goes beyond the provision of generic tools and extends to re-visiting elements of organizational culture, decision making and situational awareness. Practice case studies and exercises are proposed at the end of the training session, and participants are requested to undertake a mock risk analysis using the methodology described in the module.
Course Content & Structure
PART I: Risk Management Definitions and Basis Concepts
- The Purpose Of Risk Management
- Why Manage Risks?
- Applying Risk Management Concepts
- What Is A Risk?
- Risk Categories
- Causes, Effects, Uncertainty And Objectives
- What Is Risk Management?
- Establishing A Risk Management Culture Within The Organization
PART II: Implementing Risk Management
- Step I - Clarify Your Goals And Critical Stakeholders
- Step Ii - Identify, Prioritize, Act
- Identify Risks
- Prioritize Risks
- Act On Risks
- Step Iii - Monitor, Review And
- Communicate Risks
- Monitoring And Reviewing Risks
- Communicating And Reporting
- Risk Management And Results-Based Management (Rbm)
PART III: Applying Risk Management to Your Division
- Risk Management: Who Does What?
- Major Risks Facing Organizations
- Exercises: Identify, Assess And Prioritize Risks In Your Division
Course Benefits - What do I learn?
By the end of the training session, participants should be able to:
- Understand the approach to risk management;
- Understand how risk management affects decision-making;
- Conduct a risk analysis by drawing up a risk profile and using a risk matrix;
- Identify risks/uncertainties to achieving a set of objectives and expected results;
- Prioritize these uncertainties; and
- Decide how to act on the uncertainties within the framework of project planning.
Unit heads responsible for risk management in their unit.
Project managers responsible for planning potential risks
HR Professionals responsible for safety of workforce
We work with our clients by ensuring that there is a deliberate, process based transfer of knowledge from P4PE Institute to you. The end result are solutions that make you Self-sufficient rather than reliant. We work extensively to ensure that underlying problems are clearly and precisely identified and the right solution is provided. Our solutions are integrated, easy to replicate, practical, and workable. Talk with us today. We believe the P4PE Institute difference will be evident to your immediate Needs
NOTE: To further leverage the value and impact of this Programme, we encourage organisations to send cross-functional teams of HR executives to P4PE Institute. We offer one of two exciting group benefits to companies sending three or more participants to this programme.
Advanced registration is required to join this course. Limited class size and registration window means early birds have an advantage. Register now and access qualifying discounts.